HAVING FUN AND STAYING SAFE
Heartventure is all about:
- Having fun
- Making new friends
- Starting a new relationship
But we want you to be safe. Being safe doesn’t have to mean that you can’t do things.
You just have to think how you do things and we can support you to do that.
Follow these rules and everything should go well.
- If anyone makes you feel unsafe please TELL US
- Tell Heartventure, carer or family member if you make plans to meet with someone
- Don’t give personal information on a first date like your address, work address, family details especially if you are a parent.
- You could tell a support worker, friend or family member where you are going and what you are doing. They can always ring us for more information
- Always arrange to meet people in public places.
- If you have a mobile phone, make sure it is charged up and you have credit.
- Keep 40p in change to use a public pay phone.
- Remember in an emergency 999 is free but don’t use this service unless it is an emergency.
- You never have to kiss, cuddle, have sex, touch someone or let them touch you unless you are sure you are ready. We will support you to get advice if you need it.
- If you don’t like someone tell them in a nice way and be clear.
- If someone says “no” to you – accept it and move on. We will help you if you need support.
- Don’t give other people access to your passport, bank details, money, pin numbers, bills and benefit letters. These are yours and no-one else’s.
- Remember alcohol and drugs can make you do things you might be sorry about – This can put you at risk and make you an easier victim or make you have an accident.
- Watch your drinks at all times. If you think your drink looks or tastes funny or different leave it.
- If you need advice on sexual health, contraception, sexuality, domestic violence or any other matters, we will support you to find the right organisation to help you.
- If you are the victim of a crime or have witnessed a crime please contact the police.
- Although Heartventure have a duty of care, we are NOT support or care workers